Tour de Grand Gourmet
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: BEECHWORTH, Victoria
- Product code: PRRYWS
This 5 day cycling tour in North East Victoria is a must do for anyone wanting to cover all the major sights and gourmet delights in this increasingly popular cycling region. Using the easy, off road Murray to Mountains rail trail as the main cycling path, this tour focuses on experiencing the gourmet treats that abound in the north east Victoria region, as well as enjoying the incredible scenery and accessible and safe cycling paths.
Fully supported, with 3 days riding and an optional 4th, the itinerary for the Tour de Grand Gourmet has been put together after nearly 10 years of touring in this region. Tour de Vines has tried and tested all the venues visited and we know you will love the gourmet experiences on offer.
Starting in Beechworth, the Tour de Grand Gourmet covers the Beechworth surrounds, the Milawa gourmet region, through the King Valley and along the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Bright. This itinerary can be enjoyed as a self guided itinerary where you can pick your dates, and cycle at your own pace. Your tour includes on call support vehicle, all luggage transfers,3-4 star accommodation, most meals, cellar door tastings and gourmet outlet stops. You are seeing and tasting the best this amazing gourmet region has to offer.
The Tour de Grand Gourmet itinerary is as follows, further details can be provided upon request:
- Day 1: Own transport to Beechworth (3+ hours north east of Melbourne). Option to add transfers from Wangaratta station or Albury airport. Overnight in Beechworth + restaurant dinner
- Day 2: Full breakfast, then cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Milawa+ wine tastings + lunch. Overnight at luxury Lancemore Resort in Milawa + 2 course dinner. Cycling distance 32kms.
- Day 3: Full breakfast, then cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Myrtleford + farm gates + exclusive winery lunch. Overnight in Myrtleford + dinner. 42kms.
- Day 4: Full cafe breakfast, cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Bright + farm gates + special winery lunch. Overnight in Bright + restaurant dinner. Cycling 30kms.
- Day 5: Full breakfast + optional ride to Harrretville (50kms return) or other local rides. Bus collection with bikes, luggage and purchases and transfer back to Beechworth.
The actual cycling component is as follows:
- Day 1 - Arrival day, no cycling.
- Day 2 - 32kms consisting of downhill (20km) and flat (12km).
- Day 3 - 42km consisting of downhill (7km), flat (25km) and gradual uphill (10km)
- Day 4 - 30km flat
- Day 5 - Optional morning cycling near Bright before your transfer.
- Physical Grading: Easy/Medium (suitable for occasional riders)
- Cycle Route: Using Murray to Mountains Rail Trail and quiet country back roads
- Bike type: Any
- Hire Available: Yes (24 gear Trek hybrid, Electric assist bikes)
What's included in your tour?
- 1 x night accommodation double room in Beechworth (3-4 star)
- 1 x night accommodation double room in Milawa (4 star+)
- 1 x night accommodation double room in Myrtleford (3-4 star)
- 1 x night accommodation double room in Bright (3-4 star)
- 4 x restaurant dinners
- Cellar door winery visits and winery lunches, plus more optional tasting visits.
- 4 x full cooked breakfasts
- 4 x gourmet lunches
- Local produce farm gate visits
- Collection of all your purchases and luggage over 5 days
- Transport back to Beechworth at the end of the tour for you, your luggage and your bikes.