Tour de Murray to Mountains Self Guided
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PNTIVQ
Experience cycling the best Rail Trail in Australia! This wonderful tour is a combination of easy, safe and supported off road cycling on the paved and sealed Murray to Mountains Rail Trail, with great accommodation (4 star) for 2 nights and food and wine tastings, tutorials and experiences in the increasingly popular gourmet hub of north east Victoria.
The tour uses the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail from Beechworth to Bright over 2 days, cycling a total distance of 72kms. Don’t be daunted by that number, the vast majority of the trail from Beechworth is flat, or downhill and with numerous food and wine stops just about anyone can complete the riding comfortably. In fact we are yet to have a ‘sag wagon’ (support bus) pick up, but that’s always an option for you. And we visit the best cellar doors in the region, and Gourmet Traveller agrees (see our blog post Australia’s best cellar doors)
Your Tour de Murray to Mountains Pedal n Pamper package includes:
- 1 night accommodation in Beechworth (4 star or B&B)
- 1 x night accommodation near Myrtleford (4 star)
- 2 course restaurant meals on both nights
- Up to 5 cellar door winery visits including an exclusive tasting tutorial
- 2 x breakfasts including coffee!
- 2 x gourmet cellar door lunches
- 2 x local produce farm gate visits
- Collection of all your purchases and luggage
- Transport back to Beechworth at the end of the tour for you, your luggage and your bikes.
- On call support if required
- Marked maps, printed itinerary
- Eco friendly water bottle for each rider
- Fair trade lightweight cycling t-shirt perfect for activie adventures!
This really is the only way to experience the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail, in true style.