Tour de Murray to Mountains Rail Trail - Group Weekend
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: BEECHWORTH, Vic
- Product code: PUJDKP
This is Tour de Vines’ signature cycling tour using the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail. Taking in the highlights of the gorgeous Alpine Valley of North East Victoria, you will experience the many gourmet delights on offer, including amazing cellar door food, exclusive wine tastings and tutorials, real farm gates where you can sample the produce, all whilst cycling the gentle and safe Murray to Mountains Rail Trail.
This tour is great value! Check all your inclusions:
- 1 night accommodation in Beechworth
- 1 x night accommodation in Myrtleford
- 2 x Breakfasts at local cafes,
- 2 Dinners (restaurant standard)
- 2 x stunning Winery Gourmet cellar door lunches
- Special Cellar Door visits and local produce samples
- Collection of any purchases you make along the way (including cases of wine!)
- Collection and transfer of your luggage each day
- Return Transport back to Beechworth at the end of the tour for you, your luggage and your bikes.
- A qualified local guide to direct, support and assist you throughout your ride.
- Bike hire available (new Trek FX hybrid or new e-bikes for additional cost)
- BONUS: An eco-friendly water bottle
- BONUS: A fair trade made lightweight cycling t-shirt
The Tour de Murray to Mountains Rail Trail guided group tours that depart every weekend (Oct – May). Group tours are fully supported with a guide who will look after everything for you with a minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 riders. All tours include an on call support vehicle (the riding is easy so rarely needed!) and are all inclusive tours, so it is amazing value, the only purchases you’ll need to make is all that wine and produce you will want to take home.
The Tour de Murray to Mountains itinerary is as follows, further details can be provided upon request:
- Own transport to Beechworth Friday, arrive in time for dinner
- Overnight in Beechworth Fri night + dinner + cooked breakfast Sat morn
- Ride via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Myrtleford Saturday + wine tastings + winery lunch
- Overnight in Myrtleford Sat night with dinner + full breakfast Sun morn
- Ride via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Bright Sunday + stop at Pepo Farms + winery lunch
- Bus collection with bikes, luggage and purchases and transfer back to Beechworth Sun for 5pm
The actual cycling component is as follows:
- Day 1 – 43kms consisting of downhill (20km), medium uphill (7km) and flat (16km).
- Day 2 – 30km flat and fun!
- Physical Grading: Easy/Medium (suitable for occasional riders and even non riders)
- Cycle Route: Using Murray to Mountains Rail Trail and quiet country back roads
- Bike type: Any (we have new Trek FX hybrid or e-bikes available for hire)
Limited weekends, limited spots