Danube Cycling Tour
- Duration: 6 Days (approx.)
- Location: Vienna
- Product code: PR1H0H
This cycling tour starts on the banks of the Danube, in stunning Vienna, surrounded by imperial architecture and historic landmarks. Pedal through cobblestone streets, taking in the beauty of the Schönbrunn Palace and St. Stephen's Cathedral. We follow the Danube's winding path, tracing the footsteps of empires and revolutions that have shaped this iconic European route.
We explore charming towns like Dürnstein and Melk as we cycle along the postcard perfect Danube. Each stop unveils a blend of medieval charm, vibrant vineyards, and architectural wonders.
We indulge our palates in local delights, from Vienna's savory schnitzels, to Budapest's exquisite goulash, creating a unique culinary experience on your cycling tour in Europe. In the Wachau Valley, renowned for its vineyards and apricot orchards, we savor the finest wines, making this cycling tour along the Danube a sensory delight.
The river's timeless flow mirrors the passage of history, with each turn offering a glimpse into Central European culture.
Join us on this captivating cycling exploration where history, architecture, gastronomy, and the breathtaking beauty of the Danube converge.
One of the great cycling tours of Europe, we have specifically tailored this bike based adventure for our guests, and we know you will create incredible memories by joining us.
Start: Vienna, Austria
Finish: Budapest, Hungary
Duration: 6 nights, 7 days
Cycling: Flat, easy, nearly all on dedicated cycling paths (some short city streets to accommodations)
Group size: Max 16
What's Included in Your Cycling Tour on the Danube
This cycling tour is great value when you consider the quality inclusions, as follows:
- 6 nights 4* quality hotel accommodation (see below for 2024 properties)
- 6 x full breakfasts each morning before riding and on last morning of departure
- 3 x lunches during cycling (picnic & cafe style lunch stops whilst cycling)
- 2 x gourmet dinners incl special Welcome Dinner and celebratory Farewell Dinner
- 1 x winery lunch with tastings
- Food, wine & produce tasting experiences as stipulated in the itinerary
- Quality bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Enviro friendly cycling water bottle & lightweight cycling t-shirt
- 2 experienced bilingual guides with each tour and support van throughout
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites as stipulated in itinerary.
- Arrival and departure transfers to airport or train stations on start date and end date of the cycling tour
- An unforgettable experience!
Hotels for Danube Cycling Tour trips in 2024:
Vienna – Hotel Regina ****
Bratislava – Hotel Devin****
Gyor – Hotel Domus Collis****
Tata – Hotel Kiss****
Visegrad – Hotel Visegrad****
Budapest – Hotel Central Basilica****