Tour de Murray to Mountains Rail Trail Group Weekend
- Duration : 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: BEECHWORTH, Vic
- Product code : PUJDKP
This is Tour de Vines’ signature cycling tour using the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail. Taking in the highlights of the gorgeous Alpine Valley of North East Victoria, you will experience the many gourmet delights on offer, including amazing cellar door food, exclusive wine tastings and tutorials, real farm gates where you can sample the produce, all whilst cycling the gentle and safe Murray to Mountains Rail Trail.
This tour is great value! Check all your inclusions:
- 1 night accommodation in Beechworth (option to upgrade)
- 1 x night accommodation in Myrtleford (option to upgrade)
- Dinner on your first night with the group & guide and a full weekend briefing
- Up to 5 cellar door winery visits including an exclusive tasting & tutorial
- 1 full cooked & 1 continental breakfast
- 2 x stunning winery gourmet cellar door lunches
- 2 x local produce farm gate visits
- Collection of any purchases you make along the way (including cases of wine!)
- Collection and transfer of your luggage
- Transport back to Beechworth at the end of the tour for you, your luggage and your bikes.
- A guide to direct, support and assist you throughout your ride.
- BONUS: An eco-friendly water bottle
- BONUS: 'The Field Guide to Victorian Produce' handbook, great for all the foodies out there!
The Tour de Murray to Mountains Rail Trail guided group tours that depart every weekend (Oct – May). Group tours are fully supported with a guide who will look after everything for you with a minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 riders. All tours include an on call support vehicle (the riding is easy so rarely needed!) and are all inclusive tours, so it is amazing value, the only purchases you’ll need to make is all that wine and produce you will want to take home.
The Tour de Murray to Mountains itinerary is as follows, further details can be provided upon request:
- Own transport to Beechworth Friday, arrive in time for dinner
- Overnight in Beechworth Fri night + dinner + breakfast Sat morn
- Ride via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Myrtleford Saturday + wine tastings + winery lunch
- Overnight in Myrtleford Sat night+ full breakfast Sun morn
- Ride via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Bright Sunday + farm gates + winery lunch
- Bus collection with bikes, luggage and purchases and transfer back to Beechworth Sun for 4pm finish
The actual cycling component is as follows:
- Day 1 – 43kms consisting of downhill (20km), medium uphill (7km) and flat (16km).
- Day 2 – 30km flat and fun!
- Physical Grading: Easy/Medium (suitable for occasional riders and even non riders)
- Cycle Route: Using Murray to Mountains Rail Trail and quiet country back roads
- Bike type: Any
- Hire Available: Yes, comfortable Avanti hybrid bikes easy to ride with big padded seats!